Deadline: May 31, 2022
Position: Wildlife Social Media Intern
Number of Positions Available: 1
Time Period: June 1st – July 31st or July 1st – August 31st
Hours: ~20 hrs per week
Apply: Forward your resume to email@example.com
WILDNorth is seeking enthusiastic people who love wildlife, the outdoors, and have a strong desire to learn and work well in a team environment. WILDNorth is a non-partisan, charitable organization that provides compassionate care for injured and orphaned wildlife and educates the public on the importance of wildlife in our community. We provide a high standard of care to a wide variety of native and migratory species. Approximately 80% of our patients are wild birds (waterfowl, birds of prey, songbirds) and 20% small mammals (squirrels, porcupines, fox).
Working under the supervision of the Helpline Manager, interns will assist with the following:
- Photography and Videography – Capture photos and videos (phone camera or professional camera) of wildlife being rescued, receiving treatment, and being released. Includes photographing or videoing rescue cases, treatments, and surgeries that may be difficult for to see for those who have sensitivities.
- Content Creation – Creating social media posts using WILDNorth images/videos, curating captions, creating TikTok’s or other videos, managing posting schedules, creating educational posters/content, and other media duties.
- Administrative Duties – Answering emails, assisting in file organization, editing documents, and creating/organizing photo/video resources to be used over the winter months.
- Additional duties as requested
Interns are required to follow all WILDNorth policy, procedures and protocols. Interns will also interact and work with other facility volunteers, summer students and casual relief staff.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to be motivated, flexible, and patient in a highly demanding work environment
- Able to endure a physically challenging environment and lift/ carry 40 lbs.
- Experience or coursework in English or writing, photography and/or videography, social media content production, previous wildlife/animal care experience, previous biology or environmental education is considered an asset.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s license abstract
- Must have current tetanus vaccination
- Two (or more) Covid-19 vaccinations
- Rabies vaccination is an asset
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check
- Must provide resume and references
All positions are voluntary, NO salary is offered. Housing and transportation is not provided.
Benefits & skill development for the Intern
- Species identification and wildlife medicine observation
- Social media content creation and photography/videography experience
- Further your career or educational goals
- Orientation and training provided
- Learning job skills, team work, and conflict resolution
- Mentorship and friendships with like-minded people
- Certificate of completion of internship provided