Deadline: March 15, 2020
Position: Wildlife Education Intern
Time Period: Spring & Summer Number of Positions Available: Up to 10
Hours: 5-20 hours per week Commitment: Up to 5 months
Start date(s): April 1, May 1
WILDNorth is seeking enthusiastic people who love wildlife, the outdoors, have a strong desire to learn, and work well independently and with a team, to assist us in teaching the next generation about the importance of wildlife in the community!
Working under the supervision of the WILDEd Manager, interns will assist with the following:
- Deliver pre-determined in-class science presentations to elementary students
- Assist WILDEd Manager with various duties within the WILDEd Program
- Interns are required to follow all WILDNorth policy, procedures and protocols
Personal Qualities: Dedicated individual who is committed towards helping a great cause.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1) Police Information Check including Vulnerable Persons Sector check prior to start date
2) Experience with children
3) Experience with outdoor activities (camping, hiking, building fires, etc.)
4) Understanding of WILDNorth programs and services
1) First Aid
2) Childcare Certification
3) Experience with running children’s programming
4) Knowledgeable in science and nature topics (i.e. Wildlife Identification)
5) Access to a vehicle strongly recommended
Reports to: WILDEd Manager
Benefits of Interning:
1) Raising awareness and providing effective public education
2) Resume Building
4) Certificate of Internship upon completion
5) Personal satisfaction
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years of age or older
1. FILL in this application form
2. Answer ALL QUESTIONS
3. Gather all your curriculum vitae (resume)
4. Respond to the confirmation email with your resume/CV and references.
5. All correspondence MUST be via email.
6. NOTE: You will only be contacted IF you were selected for an interview no later than May 1.
7. DO NOT CALL OUR HOTLINE. This is for wildlife calls ONLY.
WILDNorth’s staff thanks you for your interest in our volunteer internship program. All successful applicants will go through an application, screening, and interview process followed by orientation, in class training and onsite training.