Deadline: March 29, 2019
Position: Human-Wildlife Coexistence Intern 1
Time Period: Spring & Summer Number of Positions Available: Up to 5
Hours: 20 hours per week Commitment: Up to 4 months Start date: May 1
Build your resume • Gain valuable experience • Help make Northern Alberta
a safer place for the wildlife we share spaces with!
WILDNorth is seeking enthusiastic people who love wildlife, the outdoors, and work well independently, to assist us in achieving our mission of humane coexistence with wildlife.
WILDNorth is looking for interns to conduct research and analysis on projects aimed to reduce negative human wildlife interactions. In 2019 we are focusing on the unintentional impacts of litter on wildlife.
- Under the guidance of the WILDEd Manager, interns will design the overall methodology and implement a project about the impacts of litter on wildlife; focusing on Edmonton’s River Valley, parks, and problem areas.
- Public education (mainly to youth in-class and through camps) about the impact of litter, and the findings of your project
Personal Qualities: Dedicated individual who is committed towards helping a great cause, takes initiative, and works well independently.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1) Police Information Check including Vulnerable Persons prior to start date
2) Knowledgeable in science and nature topics
3) Understanding of WILDNorth programs and services
1) Experience conducting research in a post-secondary environment
2) Experience collecting and entering data
3) First Aid
4) Experience with outdoor activities (camping, hiking, building fires, etc.)
5) Experience with children
6) Access to a vehicle
Benefits of Interning:
1) Gaining practical experience designing and implementing a study
2) Raising awareness and providing public education
3) Resume Building
4) Certificate of Internship upon completion
5) Personal satisfaction
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years of age or older *Some preference may be given to those who are 21 years or older.
1. FILL in this application form
2. Answer ALL QUESTIONS
3. Gather all your curriculum vitae (resume)
4. Respond to the confirmation email with your resume/CV and references.
5. All correspondence MUST be via email.
6. NOTE: You will only be contacted IF you were selected for an interview no later than May 1. Please understand that we are terribly busy. Be patient.
7. DO NOT CALL OUR HOTLINE. This is for wildlife calls ONLY. The internship program coordinator works at another office.
WILDNorth’s staff thanks you for your interest in our volunteer internship program. All successful applicants will go through an application, screening, and interview process followed by orientation, in class training and onsite training.